What causes fatigue and chest pain along with acid reflux?

Question
Pain on left upper side of chest, out of breath, sweating in cold room, extremely fatigued and acid reflux.
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Various causes

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but your symptoms could be due to a number of causes, the most common of which is gastritis and GERD.. I would recommend that you take omeprazol once daily and ranitidine before every meal. If your symptoms improved then continue taking then for ten days and get a test for h.pylori infection which might be the cause of gastritis..
If your symptoms did not improve within an hour from taking the first dose of omeprazol and ranitidine then you will need to visit the hospital as soon as possible to get an ecg and echocardiogram to exclude cardiac causes such as angina .. If these tests came back normal then you will need to get a chest x-ray to exclude pneumonia , Tb and bronchitis .. I hope you find this helpful ..

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and chest pain along with acid reflux? 1 hour later
Could my sarcoidosis have anything to do with this? My sarcoidosis has been in remission for more than 15 years and I haven't had an asthma attack in at least 7 years. No coughing or mucus. Do have slight butterfly rash across nose like my mom gets when her Lupus is active. Had trouble going up and down stairs at work today without getting very winded. My energy level is very poor right now. This has been going on for about 10 days with the acid reflux happening every 3 or 4 days then it goes away after I take antacid. I feel like someone is sitting on my chest. Blood pressure was 138/100 and bottom number has been in the high 90s for a week.

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible relapse

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, hello again.. unfourtanetly most people in remission from sarcoidosis experience a relapse at least once in their lifetime .. The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to a relapse including the butterfly rash which occurs with autoimmune diseases as sarcoidosis and the difficulty going up and down the stairs which can be due to bone cysts occurring with sarcoidosis . However, I would recommend that you get a chest X-ray to determine if there are any swollen lymph nodes or lung infiltrates together with an X-ray on your leg joints to determine if there are any bone cysts .. I hope you find this helpful