What causes vertigo, nausea and fatigue when diagnosed with low blood pressure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I have been feeling dizzy (vertigo), nauseaous and very fatigued since Thursday. I feel ok when laying down. I measured my bloodpressure this morning (86/59).
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that your symptoms are due to low blood pressure. Ideally the blood pressure should stay above 100-110/70 mmHg

It's advisable that you should get an echocardiogram done to rule out any valvular pathology that can cause low bp. Also for you are taking any antihypertensive medicine then you have to stop it for sometime.

To relieve your current symptoms you should increase your daily water intake as well as increase dietary salt intake to improve blood pressure. Also you can take two to three cups of hot coffee daily.

I hope this information will answer your query and will be helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap