How can diarrhea and nausea be treated while on antibiotics for cellulitis
ORS is the mainstay of treatment
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone very carefully through your query. Be it due to shrimp or anything else, your problem seems to be likely to be due to gastroenteritis. It is comprised of gastritis (the stomach discomfort) and enteritis (loose stools). Since you have started an antibiotic please complete its course. However, the cause is self limiting and unless there is blood in stool the cause does not need to be treated. The mainstay of treatment is proper hydration with ORS. You can take Imodium if you want. However, the loose motions as well as the bowel irritation are expected to go on for a couple of days and you would need to be patient.
In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.
* Take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps.
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.
Hopefully that should help.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach ache diarrhea nausea
- Diarrhea nausea gas sulphur taste
- Diarrhea nausea headache early pregnancy
- Diarrhea nausea dizzy blurry vision
- Diarrhea nausea and blotchy skin
- Diarrhea nausea vomiting everyday
- Night sweats diarrhea nausea
- Diarrhea nausea and chills
- No menstrual diarrhea nausea vomiting
- Lethargic diarrhea nausea conjunctivitis
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation