Suggest treatment for intermittent burning sensation around the chest region
I am 36 years of age with 71 kg as weight and 5 ft 8 inch height. since last 1 year at times I feel burning sensation around heart area which lasts for 5-10 minutes.its occurenCe is twice and thrice in 15 days.
I have got all checkup done 6 months back and everything found to be normal like ecg, lipid profile, Cbc , Tmt and echo. now frequency has reduced but at times it's there.
I don't drink and smoke regularly and do daily 30 min rigorous exercise.
do i need to worry and get some test done. if yes which one. please advise
Non cardiac pain most likely due to gastritis.
Hello dear, thanks for your question on HCM.
In my opinion you are having GERD associated with gastritis.GERD is due to laxity of gastroesophageal sphincter. Because of this, the acid from the stomach goes upside and cause heartburn, throat irritation, burning epigastric pain, belching etc. The symptom you are having is called heartburn.Acid causes inflammation in esophagus causing burning sensation.
As TMT,ECHO and Ecg are normal chances of it being a cardiac problem is almost zero.Secondly risk of coronary artery disease is very less in non smokers and Non alcoholic at age of just 36.
Echo and TMT are more then 85% sensitive to rule out cardiac disease.
So your symptoms are mostly due to GERD and gastritis most likely.
Though i am a cardiologist but i would suggest you to take Tab Pantoprazole 40mg once daily for few days.
Whether you need a endoscopy or not should be decided by a Gastroenterologist.
Some general suggestions are-
1. Avoid hot and spicy food.
2. Avoid large meals, instead take frequent small meals.
3. Avoid stress and anxiety.
4. Start proton pump inhibitor.
5. Go for walk after meals.
6. Keep 2 - 3 pillows under head in the bed.
Consult a Gastroenterologist on this forum for further medications and line of investigation sir.
You are clear from cardiac side.
Hope i was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment burning sensation and pain in throat
- Suggest treatment for pain and burning sensation in vaginal area
- Suggest treatment for burning sensation of chest and stomach
- Suggest treatment for burning sensation and irritation of penis
- Suggest treatment for bloody nose discharge and burning sensation
- Sole burning sensation treatment
- Burning sensation on the outside of right ear suggest treatment
- What treatment is suggested for burning sensation during urination
- Suggest treatment for swelling and burning sensation on the eyelids
- Suggest treatment for vibrating sensation over chest
- Can swelling in the legs cause any complications based on the attached...
- What causes breathlessness while lying down as per the attached reports?
- What do these lab reports indicate?
- Does low BP cause cold sensation in the feet?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and foul smelling liquid discharge in the...
- What are the symptoms of angioedema?
- How much ghee should be a part of one's daily diet?
- What causes increased heart rate while having Hashimoto's disease?
- Suggest anti-inflammatory medication to be taken along with a blood thinner
- What causes pain in the left hand and upper back post acute MI treatment?