Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Heart problem and high BP. History of heart attacks. Show a way

hi my name is david bailey i am 51 yrs old , two weeks ago i moved from baltimore md to vacaville ca to live with my son because i have heart problems and high blood pressure, in the pass four yrs i have had 4 heart attact the last 2 as reseant as 2 months ago, i am unable to work at this point because my heart only function at 30% i do not have ins, no income and i am very close to running out of meds. what should i do. thanks
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
I believe that it would be prudent to try to apply for medical disability if your heart failure is as advanced as you describe. Also look online or at your county government center for programs that can help with purchase of monthly medications. The usual medications for heart failure: beta blockers (eg. carvedilol), aspirin, statins (eg. simvastatin) and ace inhibitors (eg. lisinopril) can cost as low as $4 for a 30 day supply of each, when generic. We are actually very blessed in America that we can get such good quality generics at such a low price. These medications could really improve your medical condition on the long term, and likewise without them heart failure tends to progress and worsen over time.

Hope that helps,

Dr Brenes-Salazar
Mayo Clinic Rochester
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor