Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Having anxiety attacks. High heart rate, EKG showing ST depression due to panic attack. Need a second opinion?

Hello i am 33 years old and lost my mother tragically last month. I have constant anxiety and have been 2 the doctor on 2 different occasions for bad anxiety attacks . I have had them on and off since i was 16 years old. My heart rate was high and the EKG showed ST Depression and they told me it was most likely from the panic attack. I am afraid and they dont feel like anything is wrong.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Fast heart rates can occur from panic.
ST depression can occur from fast rate.
However it is better to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease.
A depression - 1 mm or more / 80 millisecond from J point - is highly significant and suggestive.

You should see the doctor again and get investigated.
You will need Holter (ambulatory monitoring) / TMT (exercise ECG) / ECHOcardiogram - to exclude the many issues involved in this type of situation.
If all is well, nothing to worry.
If any thing is suggestive, more need be done.
It is better to have them done and be re-assured.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor