Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have heart problems, diabetes. Stopped insulin due to low sugar. Now have high sugar problems

I am from Chennai and i am writing this for my father.. His age is 82. He is cardiac patient. He is having diabetic for the past 20 yrs. Generally he used have high sugar , in the past 2 yrs , he got admitted for low sugar. So doctor advised to stop insulin ( he used take 20 – 10-20 ) . Now again he is struggling with high sugar , we are consulting him for diabetic with Cardiac doctor . Please let me know , who is the best Diabetologist at Chennai , please help me Regards , Jagan
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Endocrinologist 's  Response
thanks for writing into healthcare magic. diabetes is a progressive disease that worsens with time.Usually if insulin becomes necessary it is difficult to discontinue it without causing high glucose. you need to consult a doctor who can choose the right quantity and type of insulin to avoid hypoglycemia. also the technique with which insulin is taken is also important.I would suggest Dr Shanmugasundaram at AGADA healthcare
Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor