Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have discharge from breast when squeezed. Had a miscarriage earlier. What to do now?

i have a clear-ish white, sticky to the touch discharge coming from small parts of my nipple. I don't have any lumps or changes in my breasts just the discharge. It only comes out if i squeeze my breasts. There's typically more in my left breast then my right. I do believe i've had a miscarriage about a month or two ago.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Based from the information it seems like the discharge is due to prolactin hormone which helps for lactation after delivery but since you had miscarriage the milk is not used by the baby's sucking hence you are seeing the discharge by pressing breasts.

I would like you to go and see your gynecologist in a bring it to his/her notice and they will prescribe medication to stop the prolactin hormone release , which in turn will solve the issues of discharge.

hope it helps.

Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor