Does Lactare cause any side-effects?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in General Health
Question: Hi Doc, My wife is taking "Lactare" to increase milk quantity. Currently the dosage is 3 capsules/day. Wanted to check:

a. Any side effects using Lactare
b. Can we change the dosage to 1 or 2 capsules when milk quantity is good
c. can we use Lactare till we stop breast milk
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can take lactare

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Lactare is a herbal capsule or supplement and there are no side effects of using this capsule.
This increases there breastmilk quantity.
Yes, you can decrease the dosing to 2 capsules per day once the milk supply is ample.
Yes, lactare can be used till exclusive breastfeeding is there.
High protein diet, plenty of fluids, rest, cumin and carom seeds also increase the breast milk.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 23 hours later
can my wife use "NEOSPORIN" powder on her stitches if its itching. Can she use it even if no rashes or pus or itching to stop any infection if any.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Yes, she can use neosporin powder safely.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad