Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Hard lump on labia majora, have not shaved the part ever. What could be the cause?

I am embarrassed to ask about a hard lump on my labia majora . I had one once before a long long time ago and it went away. It itched at first and then I noticed a painful lump. I don t shave down there so I don t know if it s an ingrown hair .. The last time I had one I called my ob/gyn and the nurse told me to use a warm compress because it was probably an ingrown hair.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
thank you for query.It is not clear about the morphology size site duration symptoms etc .it may be due to infection or a cyst .You can try with topical antibiotics like fucidin or mupirocin.clean the area with warm water twice daily.Also do not trim the hairs to short.please consult gynecologist for diagnosis as both recur.Dr Bharatesh
Answered: Thu, 17 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor