Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

HIV transmission through oral vaginal intercourse

hello doctor , about 4 months ago i had a sexual encounter with a women whose HIV status was un known...i am not worried about the vaginal intercourse as i did use a condom...but soon after i pulled out she performed a blowjob....immediatly followed by a kiss....though it wasnt a deep (or) wet kiss... I do remember some of her salive entering my mouth and i have the faintest recollection of having tasted a little bit of vaginal fluid along with I at any risk of being infected????
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  268
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Wet kissing as well as oral sex also exposes you to the risk of getting transmitted with HIv but lesser than vaginal intercourse. If you do not know the status of your partner then you should always be careful regarding such activities.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 19 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor