Guillain-Barre syndrome.

what is gb syndrome?
Wed, 25 May 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response

Aah-choo! Yes, its the rainy season once again. Colds and flu are common during these days and anybody can be infected with the flu virus. But do not confuse the colds for the flu. Influenza or flu is a respiratory infection caused by a virus .Since it is the start of the fall flu season, there not only will be the ordinary flu, but also the H1N1 influenza strain, or the Swine Flu.  Any vaccine carries risk of infection, but most likely it will protect you.   The worst possible H1N1 vaccine risk is a possibility of developing GBS, or Guillain Barre Syndrome, an auto-immune condition which involves the break down of the lining of nerve cells. It's worth getting emergency loans for an H1N1  vaccine.Read more at http://personalmoneystore.com/Personal-Loans/emergency-Loan/

General & Family Physician Dr. Paresh N.Doshi's  Response
Guillain Barre Syndrome is a rare and severe disease. It occurs after an acute infectious procedure. Guillain Barre Syndrome initially affects the peripheral nervous system. Normally it is acute form of paralysis in lower body area that moves towards upper limb and face. Gradually patient loses all his reflexes and goes through a complete body paralysis. Guillain Barre Syndrome is a life threatening disorder and needs timely treatment and supportive care with intravenous immunoglobulins or plasmapheresis.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
It is neurologic disorder caused after an attack of infections especially viral and bacterial infections commonly seen after herpes zoster.
Priyanka's  Response
It is a neurological disorder which follows after the person had viral or bacterial infection. In this the patient will have weakness of legs, tingling sensation in the legs and later causes paralysis. In this the nerves are damaged by the immune process. It is usually seen after the person had bacterial or viral infection. The weakness progress and leads to paralysis. It is mainly diagnosed by the history. The physical examination reveals the weakness of muscles. Reflexes are reduced, knee jerk will be reduced. It is diagnosed by doing cerebrospinal fluid examination which shows increased levels of proteins and white blood cells. There is no cure for GB syndrome. The treatment is only for reducing the symptoms, to prevent the complications and helping to recover fast.
coolvaishali.solanki's  Response

Hello Sir/Madam my son is six years old last year is affected with G.B.S right now is cure and doing all work. But my question is that what proquation take it after one year he is little change his walking pl tell but proquation we take.

Thanks

Vaishali