Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online


pls am a 17 year old girl who is one month pregnant and i want to get rid of it... please how do i go about it? what drugs am i supposed to use?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  398
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The Abortions performed prior to nine weeks from the last menstrual period (seven weeks from conception) are performed either surgically (a procedure) or medically (with drugs). Medically the abortion is done using an combination of mifepristone and misoprostol in those who are less than 8 weeks pregnant.Side effects of the drug includes heavy bleeding ,nausea,abdominal pain,vomiting and diarrhoea.
Most abortions are performed under local anesthesia with or without sedation.
All are done by an experienced gynecologist.So you need to get an appointment with a gynecologist near your locality..
Answered: Mon, 12 Jul 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor