Do multivitamins and Lupigest induce abortion?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: I am 45 days pregnant and i already have 1 child who is 2 years old. Myself amd my husband have not planned for the second child so we want to abort this pregnancy. We consulted a doctor and he has given 6 tablets for 10 days most of which is vitamin tablets and 1 tablet lupigest for 3 days. No symptoms of abortion even after 4 days of taking tablet. Should we wait or consult some other doctor
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are not for abortion.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting HealthcareMagic about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.

If she gave you multivitamin and lupigest, it can not be used as an abortion pill.

So I'd suggest you just visit her again to discuss regarding abortion.

Hope you find this Useful, Feel free to ask more information.

Good Luck.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee