Can hemorrhoids cause long, narrow and large stools with blood?
Hemorrhoids associated bleeding very likely.
Hello dear atient,
Thanks for chooong HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per the history given by you most likely the bleed is due timo henorrhoid only.
Two recommendations are-
As you are more then 45 madam as a part of protocol you should go for a colonoscopy once every 5 years.
So not just to rule out carcinoma considering your age it should be done once.
Secondly i would recommend you to go for a proctoscopic examination by a surgeon and if you know its internal hemorrhoid start conservative treatment chances are that it shed off in 3 months.
Suggestion for conservative management are-
Start taking Syp. Lactulose 10-15ml once daily before going to bed. It is one of the most frequently used laxatives,it would soften up your stool.In patient with hemorrhoid we prefer a soft stool more then well formed one as it may rub against mucosa layer.
-Secondly, Start using PreprationH use a combination containing contains Calcium Dobesilate, Hydrocortisone, Lignocaine, and Zinc. Its also OTC
Thirdly, request your gastroenterologist to prescribe you with oral Calcium Dobesilate(NOT CALCIUM)-Doxium therapy for 3 months. Initially twice daily for 21 days followed by once daily for 10 weeks. Trials have shown that 3-month therapy can cause shrinkage of Hemorrhoids in almost 60% cases.
Take home message-
At least one colonoscopy should be done.
Alng with food change proper conservative management should be taken for hemorrhoids.
I hope i was helpful.
Please feel free to follow up.
For starting calcium dobesilate just go for a proctoscopic examination by a general surgeon or family medicine doctor.
Basically colonoscopy is meant to rule out chances of colorectal cancer.
With perperation H you would get a applicator.Just follow the instructions on it.Use it for 3 months in conjugation with dobesilate.
No need to take lactulose instead add psyllium husk a natural husk and a bulk laxative(100% natural).Its a bulk laxative and have many health benefits.
Whether its a hemorrhoid or not would be confirmed by proctoscopy (2 minute test).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can hemorrhoids cause black stool
- Blood in stool burning in the anus hemorrhoids
- Blood and phlegm in stool cramps diarrhea hemorrhoids
- Blood in stools history of hemorrhoids
- Blood in stool stomach pain internal hemorrhoids help
- Hemorrhoid causes
- Can hemorrhoids cause blood in urine
- Blood in stools using duramine is it hemorrhoids
- Can hemorrhoids cause thin stools
- Do hemorrhoids cause narrow stools
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses