Suggest medication for constipation during pregnancy
My wife is 12 weeks pregnant now. She is suffering a lot with constipation though she is try to take a lot of water as advised. COuld you advise if there is a medication or something for this. Also, right now she is suffering from mouth ulcers - Can she take becasuls or any application gel to ease the problem.
oral ulcers and constipation.
Thanks for the query to HCM,
Constipation is common in pregnancy and the best way to avoid is to keep oneself well hydrated and eat fibrous diet. She can take syp cremaffin 2tsf at night for 3 days and this shall help.
Secondly, Mouth ulcers are often due to vitamin b6 and 12 deficiency, so she can start multivitamin capsules once a day for next 10 days especially ones with methycobalamine 1500mcg. For local application she can use mouth ulcer paint like ZYTEE ointment 1/2 hr before food intake for 7 days.
This should help . If ulcer pain is teh prime cncern during eating or chewing then instead , she can use OINTMENT LIGNOCAINE 1% for local application 1/2 hr prior to food intake, this shall prevent any pain.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Really bad constipation during pregnancy
- Extreme constipation during pregnancy
- Constipation during pregnancy medicine cremaffin
- Constipation during pregnancy causes
- Diagnosis of Constipation during pregnancy
- Dealing with constipation during pregnancy
- Drugs/medication for Constipation during pregnancy
- Symptoms of constipation during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for constipation during pregnancy
- Lactitol in constipation during pregnancy
- What causes white spots around the vagina?
- What causes UTI during 8th month of pregnancy?
- Can Polybion be taken during pregnancy?
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking I-pill?
- What does my urine test result indicate?
- Can honey be consumed during pregnancy?
- What causes a painful bump on the nose bridge near left eye?
- Does intake of Diclofen help in delaying menstruation?
- What do my lab test results indicate?
- Is slight yellow vaginal discharge a symptom of yeast infection?