Suggest medication for constipation during pregnancy

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi Doctor,
My wife is 12 weeks pregnant now. She is suffering a lot with constipation though she is try to take a lot of water as advised. COuld you advise if there is a medication or something for this. Also, right now she is suffering from mouth ulcers - Can she take becasuls or any application gel to ease the problem.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
oral ulcers and constipation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
Constipation is common in pregnancy and the best way to avoid is to keep oneself well hydrated and eat fibrous diet. She can take syp cremaffin 2tsf at night for 3 days and this shall help.

Secondly, Mouth ulcers are often due to vitamin b6 and 12 deficiency, so she can start multivitamin capsules once a day for next 10 days especially ones with methycobalamine 1500mcg. For local application she can use mouth ulcer paint like ZYTEE ointment 1/2 hr before food intake for 7 days.
This should help . If ulcer pain is teh prime cncern during eating or chewing then instead , she can use OINTMENT LIGNOCAINE 1% for local application 1/2 hr prior to food intake, this shall prevent any pain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana