Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Endometrial fluid in uterus, ovarian cyst, stomach pain. CT scan done. Treatment?

I had a ct scan performed tonight it came back saying I had endometrial fluid on the uterus and is also present in the lower uterine segment and vaginal vault . It also sayed there are low density structures associated with each ad exam region likely to represent ovarian cyst . I went to the er for stomache pain. I was told since she was not an O.B. she could not diagnose it, is this something I should be worried about? She says follow up with an O.B but I have no insurance and cannot afford it right now.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,     
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.
The endometrial fluid may be blood or pus or mucus. The masses may be ovarian cysts or infected tubes or ovarian cancer.

The best thing is to visit a gynecologist as the endometrial fluid needs to be drained and examined also the masses need to be evaluated under anesthesia. You will also need some blood tests like CA 125, Beta HCG and AFP depending upon the examination findings. So it is important that you see your gynecologist soon.

Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Sun, 6 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor