Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Done MRI for bulging discs. Have scoliosis. Have pain. What can I do?

I had an open MRI done, showing bulging discs in the t 2 - 5 I believe that is what they told me. I also have scoliosis but do not know much about it. I have had moderate to severe pain for 8 months now. I ve been through so much testing and physical therapy and also chiropractic care. My pain is no better in fact it is worse. What can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Scoliosis refers to sideways bending of spine. This may be a congenital (by birth) finding or it may be due to disease of spine or spinal cord.

Initial treatment is with physiotherapy and pain medications.

If you are not better, please consult a neurologist and Orthopedic surgeon for detailed evaluation and treatment.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor