Would leg length discrepancy after a compound fracture cause scoliosis?

Question
Hello I am a 57 yr old woman that has been told in the last few yrs that I have Scoliosis. In 1984 I had an double compound fracture to my right ankle. What we didn't realize afterwards was that afterwards my right leg was at least a centimeter longer than the other leg. Would walking with one leg shorter since 1984 cause Scoliosis?

I have arthritis in the ankle and have had pain in my back for years. The prednisone 10 mg 6 day treatment was the 1st time I've been pain free for years. But now its back and really DEBILLITATEING. Almost like Sciatica as its in my left ass cheek for a length of about 6 inches but doesn't go down my leg. However bending over to pick something up off the floor is excruciating and sitting is also painful. I'm headed for the hospital now to get x-rays and bloodwork done. This time they put me on Pur$naproxen 500 mg 2 x daily. It has NOT relieved any pain and today my ankle is swollen. I'm going to ask that they prescribe Meloxicam 7.5 mg. as it has been very helpful for inflammation and pain in the past. I will try and upload pics of the ex-rays and bloodwork results if you would look at them. Thank-you. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Wed, 9 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could occur

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

Indeed walking on one leg shorter could cause scoliosis to occur. Get the XRays done. Based on the findings you could need physical therapy or other interventions.

Upload the reports and I will guide you accordingly.