Can Elliptical cause sharp pain at the sides despite normal kidney reports?
It is a mechanical back pain
I have read your question and I understand your concern.
From what you have described, the results of using the Elliptical have been remarkable. You don't use any meds and you can keep the pain under control even though you have to degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, spurs on 2 separate discs? This is outstanding. But everything has a limit.
The patients I see that have the same conditions as you have, are already on multiple therapies for pain control, and they still complain of dull pain which sometimes in certain positions turns sharp.
It is not coming from your kidneys, as the doctor checked them and confirmed that they are not the problem. It is from your back.
All the conditions you have, especially the degenerative disc disease and the spurs on 2 discs, cannot be alleviated only with Elliptical. You will feel pain.
I would recommend you to see your doctor, and to see some alternatives about the medical treatment, which would be a great help to the healthy diet and Elliptical trainer. I don't mean it to be the main therapy, but it can enhance your pain control, and you won't have this dull pain everyday.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bulimia sharp pains in sides
- Sharp pain causes
- What causes sharp pain in lateral side of leg
- Right side sharp pain
- Sharp pain on sides and nausea
- Sudden sharp pain in kidney
- Sharp pain side of head
- Sharp pains in kidney area
- Cause for sharp pain in testicles
- What causes sharp pain in left side of skull
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?