Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with colon cancer with possible pelvic bone involvement. Metastasis to liver. On chemotherapy

My brother was diagnosed with colon ca with bladder and possible pelvic bone involvement. Had surgery in 2009. Mets to liver. Had more chemo. Has to have chemo for rest of his life. Now its in his kidney and bladder again. Inserted tube for drainage...he is now on insulin for his long, honestly, can he survive like this? Distressed in memphis
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
it is a metastatic colon cancer i.e. stage 4 disease. it is difficult to assess about the status of ur brother from ur question. means does he eat well, what chemotherapy he is taking now a days, how many metastasis in liver etc. the average survival is considered as 6 months at this stage, but no body can exactly tell u how long.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor