Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed with PCOD, no periods even after taking Glugophage, prescribed Duphaston. How to cure this?

Dear Sir. My wife had miscarriage on 3 month . After that her period is not comming regularly then Dr found she has PCOD problem.Dr gave her medicine Glucopage(Metoformine) she is taking this tablet from last one month but still period is not coming.. then Dr gave her another tablet Dubasthan for period Please advise .. How to cure this issue.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
PCOD is a hormonal imbalance state that leads to infertility, luteal phase defect and abortions. Duphaston should induce a period by priming the endometrial lining of the uterus. Metformin is useful to control the insulin resistance usually associated with this condition and helps in inducing spontaneous ovulation, which is usually lacking here. She should be ovulating within the next six months and if not, she will be put on ovulation induction after all the protocol investigations are done. Also, maintenance of a healthy weight, regular exercise and a healthy diet go a long way in the correction of the defect. Please do not worry, this is a condition which responds very well to treatment more than anything else. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor