Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Depression, getting angry easily. Want to be relaxed

Sir, I have depresion. I am getting angry very quickly even for silly matter. I have feeling that no one from my family loves me even my wife. Most of the time I am getting angry to my wife some time iam stopping to talk to her for months. I want to be relaxed and happy life with my children and wife. I have good job and finacialy sound. Pls help me.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for your query.

You seem to be suffering from a depressive disorder. Easy irritability, negative thoughts, pessimistic views, social withdrawal, etc. are all indicators of a depressive disorder. I understand that you must be going through a difficult time due to these problems. But, don't worry, there is help available and if you take proper treatment, the depression can be controlled.

There are effective treatment options available in the form of medication and counselling / psychotherapy. Anti-depressant medication like SSRIs are very effective in treating depression and you will see significant benefits within 2 to 3 weeks time. There are also certain special forms of counselling / psychotherapy like Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) which can also be very helpful in dealing with these negative and depressive thoughts.

So, I would strongly advise you to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further management. Also, please keep talking and sharing your problems with someone close to you (maybe a close friend or a relative), so that you can offload your emotional burden, feel more supported and they will also be able to guide you when you are feeling very low and amotivated.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Answered: Sun, 11 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response

welcome to health care magic

First of all, try maintaining a healthy relationship with your wife. Share your feelings with her (if possible). Try relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation and deep breathing.
But you also need medication (antidepressants) and psychotherapy for which consultation with a psychiatrist is required.
Hope it helps
Good Luck

Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your problem is easily manageable.
The very fact that you are aware and want help means excellent motivation - you have already taken the first step in treatment. You will get well - it is a question of time and treatment.

Discuss plainly with your wife. Discuss with your parents. They will be ready to help

YOU MUST SEE A PSYCHIATRIST. You and your family members may have to see him / individually and together / on more than one occasion.
Counselling and medication will help you in all aspects.

Chances of returning to normalcy are really excellent.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor