Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Delayed period, had taken i-pill post unprotected sex. Can I use gynaecosid for unwanted pregnancy?

hello, my period was suppose to start at 9th of june and today is 18th but it hasn t started yet. i had sex with my husband many times in the previous month. i had contraceptive pills like ipill twice a month. So i m afraid that i might be pregnant, if i am than can i use gynaecosid to abort this baby. i m not ready for it neither my husband is. i m 25 years of age. Plz prescribe me the correct one.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  376
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Hafiz,
Thanks for using the HCM. I am happy to address your questions, Gynaecosid mistakenly thought to be an emergency contraceptive, which is recommended for the treatment of amenorrhea not related to pregnancy. Gynaecosid (methyloestrenolone) is an EXTREMELY risky drug. It basically forces your uterus to contract and detach its lining, so taking it causes severe cramps and really heavy menstrual-like bleeding. They are not used for abortion because they are not reliable and can make you bleed to death. Since the pill forces the uterus to contract and shed the lining the injuries to the embryo if it survives can be any injuries like deformation since you will disrupt it's development. They are not to be used for abortion and if you are 3 weeks pregnant (which can also be 5 weeks since you have to add 2 weeks before there was possible to see that you were pregnant in the first place) . The three most commonly used drugs to terminate a pregnancy are Mifepristone, Methotrexate, and Misoprostol. Try to avoid any self medication many times that can be very dangerous. Will recommend you to kindly go and see a family planning doctor and don't take dangerous risks with your body. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bimal Desai's  Response
Thanks for query,
You got delayed period so we have to confirm first that you are pregnant or not
Do pregnancy Test to confirm pregnancy.If positive you have to undergone termination of it at hospital.
If negative then you take pills to start your periods.Once period starts take some regular contraceptive method like regular daily pills or IUD to prevent pregnancy.
Taking I pill twice in a month is not a contraceptive measure.Thanks
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor