Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Constantly popping ears, sinus pain. X-ray shows enlarged mastoids and small sinus. Should I see an ENT?

I was told that I have enlarged mastoids. A problem I do have is that my ears are constantly popping and when I bend over it fells like a river rushing through my ears. I also get a lot of pain in my sinuses. I had an ex-ray done on my sinuses several months ago and this is when I was told that my mastoids were enlarged and one of my sinuses was very small. Should I see a ENT about this.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Yes you should consult an ent specialist and get your ears checked and secondly get the x ray of sinuses checked .
When there is sinus infection then the infected discharge drains at the back, and it causes swelling and edema around the tube behind the nose.
This tube gets connected to the middle part of ear.When the swelling is there then the ear gets fluid collection and get clogged .
YOu may require antibiotics , decongestants oral and nasal. and depending on the sinus disease surgical or medical management .
In doubt do reply
Answered: Wed, 13 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor