Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Cholesterol, LDL and HDL levels abnormal. Should I take vitamin K2 supplement?

Hello, I m reading vitamin K2 is good for the heart. I got my cholesterol checked. My total was 241. HDL 65 LDL 150. My doctor was too concerned due to the fact that my HDL was high. I m 33 years old. What is your opinion? And I would like to add this supplement. I take a mulit vitamin now with a vitamin D3 supplement. My thyroid was removed in 2007 due to papillary cancer.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
Hi, HDL is a good cholesterol. LDL is bad cholesterol. why should your doctor think so much about your high HDL cholesterol not clear to me. your blood pressure to be checked regularly. according to LDL cholesterol and HDL/LDL and blood pressure treatment will be given. anyway do not forget to keep contact with your oncologist.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor