Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Child hit head, has raised lump. Could it be a crack?

Hello . my son 15months old fell over at nursery abd hit his head on wide metal toy we ll that is what they say. he had a very big lump and bruise . been two weeks now bruice has gone lump gone down but there is still lump/ raised bit like a line . should I be worried could it be a crack ? he had nosign if anything after it happened I watched him for two days .
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  274
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear beautifullcandy I am sorry to hear about your son. It appears your son had
head injury and bruises and collection of blood under the skin of the scalp.(haematoma)
I think you should take your child to paeditric orthopaedic surgeon for check up.
The delayed effect of head injury may occur. The paediatric orthopaedic surgeon will
give you appropriate advise. kindest regards Dr. S.K.Mukherjee
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor