Suggest ways to rule out concussion

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I fell again this morning.I was hospitalised 3 weeks ago after another fall. They did a series of tests, but all were negative except for my balance.Fall reaction was terrible.
Today I fell backwards, my walker in front of me-just reaching for toast. I fell under the walker and, though I had a pendant around my neck, the man on the phone couldn't reach my daughter-in-law. I managed to scoot on my bottom to the guard rails in the bathroom and pull myself up.
Now I think I've reinsured my coxyc(sp?) which has been sore since the last fall. I cracked it in a fall about 40 years ago. Is there anything I should be doing now? I also banged the base of my skull.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get x-rays done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

You should have x-rays of your coxyc and sacral spine done to evaluate/exclude any new fracture.

Also, you should rest for few days and use simple painkillers such ibuprofen.

If you will notice any signs of head injury such nausea, vomiting, headaches, vision problems, lethargy, etc. you should be evaluated at your ER for possible traumatic brain injury.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad