Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Chest pain while swallowing. Diagnosed hyperacidity. Prescribed Pantocid. Irritation in throat, chest, breathing problem. Solution?

Hi,I am 26 years old. One month ago i felt pain in my chest and feeling pain in chest while swallowing and i went to family doctor and he said you have hyperacidity . he prescribed me pantocid - DSR 1 capsule early in the morning. It relives me from chest pain but i still feel irritation in throat and chest after taking meal. I am also feeling breath problem. Please suggest me what should i do ?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of Esophageal ulcers or esophagitis (food pipe inflammation).
Presence of chest pain while eating and getting relief after Pantocid suggests the diagnosis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist / gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for endoscopy for better clarification.
You should also go for complete blood count, blood sugar and thyroid profile.
All these defined pathology could be associated with Helicobacter Pylori infestation.
Meanwhile, you should continue Pantocid along with prokinetics.
You should avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits and oily spicy food.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Arshad Hussain's  Response
Well come to health care magic
Dear patient, your problem is most likely related to the acidity and gastro esophageal reflux disease, you should continue Pantop-DSR and besides this you should take some precautions like avoiding spices, citrous fruits, fried foods, excessive of tea, coffee and smoking, avoid lying down for 2 hours after meals, hope these tips will help and you will be fine soon
Dr Arshad
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The ideal solution will be to consult a gastro-enterologist and have an Upper GI Endoscopy - Oesophagitis, Gastritis, hiatus hernia and so on should be considered.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
  User's Response
Dear Vishalberi86,

Your doctor is right, u have acid reflux and he gave you the right medications too. If still the pain is persisting, i would recommend an upper GI endoscopy for confirmation .

Dr Indu Bubna
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor