• question-icon

Can cymbalta be taken for anxiety?

Good morning. I have been on antidepressants, cymbalta 60mg or equiv for 15 years. I am 55 now, going through menopause, on hrt patches, and experiencing anxiety and low mood . My reliable and trusted doctor is 2 hours drive away and difficult to contact by phone for advice due to hectic schedule and my work commitments. A few years back when I experienced episodes of anxiety/depression he recommended I take cymbalta both morning and night with good results (from memory). Can I do this again. I believe anxiety and depression are common in menopausal women. Ann
Fri, 7 Mar 2014
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic

You are right that depression and anxiety symptoms are common in menopausal women due to hormonal imbalance. For that, you can take any antidepressant. If you have good response with cymbalta, you can start it from basic minimum dose that is 20mg. Rest you can discuss with your psychiatrist.

Thanks