Suggest remedies for severe foot pain caused by idiopathic peripheral neuropathy

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: i HAVE idiopathic peripheral neuropathy... taking 650mg/day of "lyrica"...various herbal supplemen ts and using oxycontin occasionally, when pain is overwhelming (Pain located in right foot only...base of toes 3 &4)
Suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Topical applicants.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr. Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

In case, Lyrica with its maximum dose is not easing off the symptoms, add-on medicines like Duloxetine can be taken. In addition, topical gels like Gabapentin gel and Capsaicin can be used.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer them.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad