How long does Oxycontin stay in the body?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: What's the possibility of me passing a drug test I took recently? So I took half a 80mg OxyContin pill on Sunday at 9am and had a urine test Thursday at 3 pm.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 38 minutes later
possibly you will pass the test.
please click on THANKS
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 minutes later
So the odds are in my favor?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions

Detailed Answer:
hello.
thanks for the response.
in usual conditions, the effects last 5 days.
so you should be fine.
however, you have taken 80 mg.
in high doses, it can take upto 2 weeks.
so it depends on the metabolism.
if you have been taking plenty of fluids, it's likely to have cleared off.
unfortunately, there is no clear cut yes and no answer to your query . but I think if you have a normal metabolism, it may be in your favor.
best of luck.
Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
Well I only took half of the pill and yes I drank plenty of water the days before the urine test. My metabolism is pretty fast too and I excercise daily. I always take viatmins and I'm pretty healthy when it comes to diet.
Brief Answer:
Thanks for the information

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the information.
But there's no non investigation based method by which I can predict it further.
So we will have to wait and watch .
Best of luck.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj