Can taking Trazodone, Gabapentin and Duloxetine create a false positive for Lorazepam?
With increased urine testing, these false positives are becoming an increasing problem, because the basic test is not that accurate as you see.
I looked up several scientific articles on what can cause a false positive urine screen for benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines are the class of medication that lorazepam is in.
The only thing that came up repeatedly as giving a false positive was the SSRI antidepressant sertraline, and also a particular NSAId (similar to ibuprofen).
So what to do: If the urine screen is inaccurate, the next step would be to get the more accurate GC-MS test done. I recommend you ask them to do this.
I'm sorry I couldn't pin point one of your medications with a research article to take to your doctor to back it up, but I can say that standard urine screens have their limitations and the next step is GC-MS.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I take gabapentin for frostbite
- Taking trazodone for sleep
- What are lorazepam trazodone divalprodex and fluoxetine for
- Taking lorazepam with alcohol
- Will zoloft gabapentin lorazepam affect liver function
- Gabapentin and norflex taking together
- Taking amoxicillin with trazodone
- Taking lorazepam with abortion pill
- Taking trazodone for 3 weeks
- Side effects of taking gabapentin