Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Can I conceive as I am having PCOD, irregular periods and taking duphaston and standox ?

pcod, overweight ,irregular periods marriged for 8 months. previous month i have 9mm follicle on 12 thday duphaston and ebexid for 15 days. preg test were neg. after16 days .periods come i.e on11th july 2011.` doctor tested tvs+hpe, pcr . UT _ A/v 64x32. et overy cyst 37x31.she gave standox for 5 days and ornida for one d . is this med helpful for my pcod +in ovulation+preg? any other med you recommed which help in ovulation and regulate my periods? is 16 days delay of period effect on my ovulation. she didnot give any med for pcod or periods
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

PCOD is problem with ovulation.The ovulation can be induced by clomiphine &certain injections if needed.your doctor will prescribe at proper time.

Please get your thyroid testing done./also try to reduce weight.

Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thyroid test were done .they were normal. yesterday she gave me atropine and voveran injection. before hpe and pcr.standox for 5 days and ornida for 1day both for husband and wife. no other med were given for periods. what to do next?

my question is-

is this same that you suggest i.e clomiphine and atropine?

when we intercourse?

3--is ovulation happen this time? pls help
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is multifactorial hormonal disorder which leads to either absence or infrequent ovulation and the result is delayed periods and infertility. You need to be evaluated thoroughly by clinical examination,ultrasound and hormonal investigations including FSH,LH,Estrogen,testosterone,DHEAS,prolactin,thyroid hormone and blood sugar. You have not mentioned about size, volume and follicles present in ovaries. Also you are having cysts in ovary which requires treatment with oral contraceptives for 2-3 months .This treatment will treat the cyst n make your cycles regular. Once cyst disappears you can b put on ovulation induction drugs like clomiphene or letrozole which will make you ovulate. During treatment with ovulation induction drugs you require to undergo follicular monitoring by ultrasound to know the growth of follicles and to document ovulation. Once ovulation is confirmed you can try naturally or by intrauterine insemination. Age is important factor too. Consult with an infertility specialist and go ahead with the treatment.
Atropine and voveron injections are usually given for minor procedures( Taking endometrial biopsy etc) to avoid pain vasovagal shock . These injections have nothing to do with fertility and were given to u only for taking sample for HPE. I have tried to explain the problem n possible options in detail. Hope your doubts ll clear. take care
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thanks,my age is 29. how i can treat pcod with med. because she did not give any med.?

only tests were taken. i donot know what to do?is this treatment right for me

what to do now its my 3day of period.i am worried pls help
Answered: Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor