What causes delayed menstruation despite taking Ovuloc?

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 17 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have been taking ovuloc ld for 1 month as a birth control method from 2nd day of my periods regularly. only 2 pink pills are left. My periods have not yet started but I could see some spotting.when my periods will start
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should be seeing a period in a couple of days.

Detailed Answer:

Withdrawal bleeding is seen during the week of plain pills. Thus, you should be seeing a period in the next couple of days.

If you did not use any additional contraception during the month of using the pills, you are at risk of conception. This is because ovulation may not be suppressed during the initial couple of months of pill use. If you do not see a period, you should also exclude pregnancy.

Also, irregular menstruation is observed with hormone contraception. This can range from intermenstrual bleeding/spotting, irregular cycles or absence of periods. Regular follow up is hence necessary.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy