Breastfeeding. Taking Noriday. Will it stop the period from coming?

I've been taking noriday 28 day, for 3weeks now i started it on the 1st day of my 2nd period after giving birth to my bub, she is 11months old an i still breastfeeding, i have only had 2 periods since she has been born, an i was just wondering if i will continue to get my period or will the Noriday pill stop my period from coming?
thank you savannah.
Mon, 10 Jun 2013
Dear Savannah, welcome to healthcare magic.
As long as you are lactating, you may have no periods at all, few of them or you may have regular periods. It is a personal difference. Having no period at all is named "lactational amenorrhea". The pills you take are named mini pills or progesterone only pills. They have the advantage of providing contraception without affecting the quantity or quality of breast milk. They do not affect your menstruation. They should be taken continually and at a fixed time.
I hope these words were useful to you.
Good luck.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.