Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Bilateral ear pain for adult

I have bilateral ear pain. One eardrum is cloudy - this has less pain than the other side which is inflamed and killing me! This side is also popping and cicking - I don t even need to swallow or yawn it happens anyway and can be rapid fire! I was given an ear spray for mild ear infections 2 days ago but this hasn t helped and pain is now worse. I ve been back to the medical centre today and have been told to use a nasal spray and to use steam. I ve now had earache for four days - paracetamol isn t helping and I can t take any other pain killer. I m being driven MAD! is there anything else I can do?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  585
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
You are suffering from otitis media may be as a after effect of a recent bout of cold & cough.It is a ear infection & inflammation so for pain you can take a painkiller as you had no relief with paracetamol.For immediate relief you can use a spray or a eardrop with a combination of a local anaesthetic in it .For further treatment you can follow it with your doctor.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 1 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Amrita Basu's  Response
if your ear is painful but not having any discharge( watery/ mucopurulent) then ear drop wouldnot help at all and may make condition worse. Start using steam atleast 2 times a day, a course of antibiotis like coamoxyclav(if not allergic and kindly consult doctor before starting antibiotic) a topical nasal decongestant with oxymetazoline(2 drops 2 time s a day not more than 7 days) .Paracetamol if found to be not helpful you can use combination painkillers having aceclofenac/ibuprofen etc.Lastly do consult a ENTspecialist !
Answered: Sat, 2 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor