Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Adenoids with headache

my 4 and a half son has adenoids , he has been complaining of headache for the last one week what is the problem? should i have him to undergo surgery or i wait for him to outgrow?
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  472
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Your son's headache is not probably related to enlarged adenoids.Every child has adenoids,but will need it removed only if it causes problems like severe nasal block with mouth-breathing,a snoring sleep disturbed child or hearing problems,not due to wax.your son does not need adenoid surgery for his headache,but get his eyes checked.just give him paracetamol syrup sos and decide if ir needs to be further investigated.,
Answered: Sun, 11 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Carol,
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Adenoids cause severe cold like symptoms. If the child is complaining of headache it is better to consult an ENT surgeon and if he suggests that surgery is necessary then you should certainly consider it.
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
if it causinf recurrent sinusitis and ear infection,obstruction in breathing then only adenoidectomy is indicated. consult your ent surgeon about it . if symptoms are not so marked then breathing exercises, nasal decongestant nasal drop,antihistaminics can cure the condition without jumping to surgery. if symptoms are marked then surgery should be done. take care
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor