Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Acute upper abdominal pain, diagnosed with gall stones. What treatment should be taken?

Dear sir, my wife has been diagnosed with gall bladder stones . The US report says Gall bladder appears contracted and shows few small calculi in its lumen... Gall bladder walls are of normal thickness. No Pericholecystic collection seen. The Liver function test says: S: Amylase ---- 1502 U/L SGOT (AST)-----592 IU/L SGPT (ALT).-----421IU/L Bilirubin -----------0.9 Mg/dl Alkaline Phosphatase : 169 U/L She got acute pain in upper abdomen before 5 days followed next day we did all these tests. Kindly suggest the best Advice please. We are from Delhi. Regards Deepak - 0000
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi Deepak

Thanks for writing in.

The serum amylase report is very high. This suggests an acute pancreatitis which can explain the pain she had. Sometimes the stones in the gall bladder pass down to the pancreatic duct and obstruct it causing pancreatitis. Also the SGPT and SGOT are very high. I would suggest you get her admitted with some Gastroenterologist ASAP. A symptomatic gall stones requires a surgery. I would also be happy to review the tests reports , so please send me over all the tests reports in detail.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Dr. Om Lakhani
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor