Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

52years old have respiratory problems.

if their is incressed markings with reduced areation in the basal lung field on the rt side my age is 52years I have hypersenstive pneuminia 3 months ago now my x ray show this
Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests
  User's Response
's  Response
In case of any respiratory disease u have to do respiratory exercise take deep breath hold & leave slowly do it 10 -15 times in the morning in fresh air & evening also u 'll feel much comfort just with in 15 days & take help of physiotherapy with some homoeopathic treatment.
good day
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There are many possible causes of the above mentioned state. It can be due to interstitial/pulmonary oedema due to hypersensitive pneumonitis. You need to tell your history first for us to help you. You need to keep away from dust, birds, pets etc. which can be the cause of allergy causing this. You need to be on steroids and proper antibiotics causing an infection as well.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
this is due to to some respiratory problem, observe for fever if there is no fever nothing to worry,consult your chest physician go for chest x-ray ,do spirometery if possible .
Pulmonologist Dr. Tushar Sahasrabudhe's  Response

Increased markings and reduced aeration is very inadequate information. It may mean a slowly resolving pneumonia, lung scarring or even a collapsed lung!

You state that you had hypersensitivity pneumonitis few months ago. Was it at the same site? (usually such pneumonias are more diffuse and are ill localized). What treatment did you take?

A detailed history and information on your present complaints is necessary to answer you. Can you upload your X-ray?

-Dr. Tushar
I find this answer helpful
Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
Thorough investigations in your case are extremely needed.
Pulmonary function test, Blood sugar examination, ct-thorax and if needed MRI will help in evaluating the treatment and the course of the disease.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
dr.mohsin madni's  Response
before the stat of any medication,please try antimiasmatic medicine for a week the inform the progress.
one dose of bacillinum 200 one days
ars alb 200 one dose after noon meal at alternate days .
nat sulp200 night alternate
bryonia200 at bed time
dr.mohsin madni
  User's Response
its due to pneumonia. do pranayam to get better recovery. consult your chest physician.if you r smoker stop smoking.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am a 52 year-old female and have started to experience heart palpitations that last all day long. They are more noticeable at certain times than other, but they never really go away. I have read that palpitations are normal, but nothing I ve read addresses someone who is plagued with them all day, every day. What can possibly cause such a chronic problem?

doctor1 MD

I had my daughter liveing with me for a few months and i didn t know she smoked meth in her bedroom and i ended up in hospital with breathing problems on a respirator. I am 61 years old and already have copd, could the smell of this meth had any effect on me. Would it show up in my blood?

doctor1 MD

My Wife of 27 years old has been suffering from frequent cold & respiratory problem. Dr prescribed her Medicine FORACORT ROTAHALER INHALER. It is steroid . What are its side affect? Should she continue this medicine throughout her life? My Wife is gaining weight also. Is there any other alternative? Please guide me.

Recent questions on  Lung cancer

doctor1 MD

please i would like to ask is that colon cancer or not ??.. i have blood in stool ..most of the time Constipation and sometimes Diarrhea . ( always with pain in my butt )feel fatigue all the time vomiting ,,, feel full sometimes while i didnt eat ,,gasses in my stomach i also have blue patches on my body painful stomach ache and lower back pain ,, and i have a history in my family (lung cancer )please how would i know that is colon cancer or not                                                                                      

doctor1 MD

I was just told my mammogram came back as abnormal. Waiting to an auth to get a diagnostic mammogram. My question is: I have had joint pains on my neck, under my armpits and shortness of breath. Of course google and it may indicate lung cancer. Not only that but i listen to my body and I know something is wrong.

doctor1 MD

Please let me know if Hyperthermia(whole body/local) treatment with combination of Radio & Chemotherapy [Thermo-Radio-Chemo combination ] is applicable & effective at nanavati center.

Dear Sir
Please let me know if I am eligible for Hyperthermia(whole body/local) treatment with combination of Radio & Chemotherapy [Thermo-Radio-Chemo combination to overcome the cancer resistance against chemo alone or radio alone ]
Current Complaints

Metastatic adenocarcinoma in lung. Adenocarcinoma spread in both lung.
History : treated for endometrum cancer at Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology Bangalore in Dec 2010. Surgery followed by radiotherapy was done for endometrium. Hot spot in lung in Dec 2010 PET scan was considered as Granuloma due to no uptakes shown in PET scan. Now CT scan & biopsy (through EBUS) technique confirmed that it's adenocarcinoma type of tissues. Origin has been confirmed: It's endometrium (Uterus). We met pulmonologist Dr Ravindra M Mehta (Appolo, Bangalore) and he suggested Stenting to ease the breating as there is 90% blockage of right lung airways. Oncologist at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology , Bangalore have been suggested Chemeotherepy as next step. But before that they decided for stenting to cure 90% blockage (due to tumor) to improve the patient condition.
Stenting is done [Right Bronchus].

brief clinical history- history of endometrial adenocarcinoma.
specimen-EBUS- Transbronchial needle aspiration of mediastinal lymphnode

Gross Examjnation- received 10 H and E stained slides.
2 slides- Station 4R, 2 slides- Station 11L, 2 slides- Station 4L, 4 slides- Station 7

cytological features are suggestive of metastatic adenocarcinoma- Station 4R, 11L, 4L AND 7

Treatment for recurrent cancer (no reoccurrence at surgical site but spread in bilateral lung):

Has gone through 10 cycles of chemo (weekly) with below regimen (at Mzumder shaw cancer center under supervision of Dr Vineeta Binoy & Dr Bharat):

Carbo platin (kemocarb) : 130 mg
Abraxane (nano particle drug delivery for paclitexal): 200mg
Neopojen (Growth colony factor- GSF-300 mcg for two continuous day after every round of chemo)

Before the above regimen, she had gone through one round of below chemo:


As she could not tolerate the very first regimen (Cis platin based), she was put on 9 cycles of second regimen (as described above).


Plural effusion gone
Good response as tumor shrank (largest lession before chemo was 3.2 cm, now after chemo it's reduced to 1.5 cm).
Medistinal lymphnodes also reduced in size.

Please refer the latest PET scan report

Please let me know if I am eligible for Hyperthermia(whole body/local) treatment with combination of Radio & Chemotherapy [Thermo-Radio-Chemo combination to overcome the cancer resistance against chemo alone or radio alone ]
Premavati Shukla
52 Y (Female)

doctor1 MD

My family friend is Mary, and she lives in San Jose, California. She is about 60 years old, Asian, over 5 9 , originally weighed 160+ pounds. At the beginning of this year, Mary experienced extreme dizziness, lack of appetite, and vomiting. She checked into Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. I am not sure of what tests were ran on her but they could find nothing wrong with her. Mary then tried acupuncture which temporarily relieved her pain. Then she collapsed and she was taken to the Stanford Hospital, where they did a scan on her chest and they said that her lung is of interest. However, they could not find what was causing her lack of appetite. She was again checked into Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. She has been diagnosed with lung cancer; however, the doctors believe that is not causing her lack of appetite and vomiting. At the beginning of the year, she was 160+ pounds. As of this week, she is 110 pounds. Sometime in this year, she had a seizure as well. She has gone through many doctors without any luck as to what is causing this major lack of appetite and vomiting of any food she puts down in her stomach. They brought in an infections specialist and he could not pin anything down. Their family member found on the Internet that tuberculosis was a close fit to her symptoms but they got a brain culture and they found it to be negative. From the looks of it, she has lung cancer and something else mysterious causing her to vomit and not eat. She has started some chemo sessions for lung cancer but at this pace, it s not the lung cancer that is killing her, it s this starvation. The doctors seemed to have focused a great deal on her brain and head, but I wanted to get your opinion on what it could be in her digestive system. They ve tried some various IV fluids but some reacted badly to her liver and even damaged her liver a bit. A nutritionist was brought in yesterday to discuss what she can have, but she just seems to be vomiting everything and even when she only has water in her stomach! I m sorry I don t have the exact details like family history for now but I can get them for you if necessary. If you don t think it involves the digestive system, could you tell me what part of the body you think it could be? Could it be the lung cancer or something really in her head?

doctor1 MD

I have diverticulitis and usually take Bactrim but now I am on Keytruda for lung cancer . I have a prescribed bottle of Metronidazole and don't want any drug interaction with Keytruda and need to know if I can take the Metronidazole for the...

doctor1 MD

My wife is 77 years old. In 2016, she had 1/2 of right lung removed due to lung cancer . She then had a-fib and later chemo for cancer. In march 2017, she had seizures in brain due to cancer metastasizing to brain. She then had radiation treatment...

doctor1 MD

Hello I am 65 yr old medical history of osteo arthritis brain tumor removal non cancerous acoustic neuroma which left me deaf in my right ear; during the surgery several nerves were damaged during the surgery resulting a stroke: I have 4 nodules...