Does Keytruda interact with Metronidazole?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have diverticulitis and usually take Bactrim but now I am on Keytruda for lung cancer. I have a prescribed bottle of Metronidazole and don't want any drug interaction with Keytruda and need to know if I can take the Metronidazole for the diverticulitis flare-up I am experiencing today. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take Metronidazole.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Keytruda is an antibody. It is not a classic drug. It is more like an additional part of immune system. So there can not be any interaction between it and Metronidazole. You can use both together.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj