Does consuming Norco and Metaxalone together require an ER consultation?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in General Health
Question: I took an 800 mg metaxalone and 5mg Norco together not realizing there was a drug interaction between the two. Should I be worried or possibly go to the ER? I feel a little weird but not terrible.
Answered by Dr. Eni 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not be worried

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,
Metaxalone and Norco used together may cause mild sedation. It is not recommended to take both of them while driving or doing dangerous activity.
If you are at home, resting, and you feel just a little weird, then you don't need to worry or to go to the ER.
Try to not combine them in the future. That's all.
I wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T