Are elevated pulse and heart rate referring any abnormality post lung cancer treatment?

Question
My wife is 77 years old. In 2016, she had 1/2 of right lung removed due to lung cancer. She then had a-fib and later chemo for cancer. In march 2017, she had seizures in brain due to cancer metastasizing to brain. She then had radiation treatment for brain in March 2017. She now appears clean in lung CT scan and clean in brain MRI. Today she is acting a little goofy and has a heart rate of 162/92 with pulse rate of 115. Should I be concerned with pulse rate. XXXX XXXXXXX
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Lung Cancer

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The blood pressure needs to be brought into control.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Yes, you should possibly be concerned not about the heart rate but about the blood pressure. It is quite high and needs to be brought in control, else it could precipitate a stroke. Electrolyte imbalance too could be the reason for her acting goofy. Please seek medical attention at the earliest. The pulse rate itself is not a cause for concern.

Let me know if I could help further.