What causes increased pain under the breasts while bending down?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hello I am 65 yr old medical history of osteo arthritis brain tumor removal non cancerous acoustic neuroma which left me deaf in my right ear; during the surgery several nerves were damaged during the surgery resulting a stroke: I have 4 nodules on my lungs (no MRI in 2 years) chronic bronchitis saw my pulmonologist this week he said my lungs sounded good. I mentioned my pain; I am experiencing moderate pain under both of my breast I guess to my rib cage; especially when I bend over; I am overweight; never smoked the pain has been worse on my right side but lately my left side is hurting; I cough constantly! Even sitting down I can feel some pain but not mode ate. I describe it like muscle spams. My mom died of lung cancer which started in her breast area my dad died of colon and liver cancel. I never smoked.
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be Costo Chindritis and Osteoporosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the entire history .The pain you are having below both your breasts , which increases on bending down, in my opinion is most likely to be costo chondritis- inflammation of muscule attachment to ribs( at Costal margins). The pain in this condition is aggravated by forward bending and coughing // sneezing. It is also usually associated with vit D deficiency and osteoporosis.
I suggest pain killers ,muscle relaxants ,Vit D3 and calcium supplementation.
Please get your Serum Vitamin D3 ,Se Calcium and Bone Densitometry ( Dexa Scan) to diagnose vit D deficiency and bone weakness.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.