Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

20 year old with constant mood swings, getting angry, crying spells. Need help

i am a 20 year old gal..i have constant mood swings. one minute i'll be happy and the next minute i'm sad.....i get irritated very soon,and tend to yell at people for no fault of theirs.i hate to see people who are happy,and i hate people who achieve things..i constantly get the feeling that i'm not loved,no one cares for me.i feel like i'm a failure.i don't have many friends,just two of them.people dont like me..i cry very often,and for silly reasons,sometimes i don't seem to know the reason i cry...i cant think about my future..
i wanna change.i'm really worried about how to get out of all this, what will happen to me if i dont start planning for my future
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

You are 20 years old and you have constant mood swings with happiness and sadness of mood. You have problem of easy irritability, anger outbursts, you have feeling of not being loved, no one care for you or helplessness, feeling of worthlessness, you have few friends and crying spells are also present in you. You seems to be hopeless about future. From your symptomatology I can easily tell you that you are having some Depressive disorder in moderate to severe category. I would advise you to visit a Psychiatrist for exert evaluation. It can be treated easily with medicines like SSRI or SNRI such as Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, Sertaline or Venlafexine, Desvenlafexine etc.
Cognitive therapy is also equally effective in depression. So please consult a Psychiatrist.

Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Nehal Shah's  Response
thanks for using healthcare magic.
Your symptoms are due to depression, unipolar or bipolar. Personality disorder has to be ruled out.
You need to consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and casework.
Meanwhile you can try stress management techniques like breathing exercise, yoga , meditation for control of stress.
You may be benefited with antidepressant drugs like sertraline or escitalopram under cover of mood stabilizers.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

As per your details, you are possibly having "depressive episode".
For this, consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation. Following treatment strategies would be helpful-

1) Antidepressants like SSRIs (escitalopram, sertarline, paroxetine etc)
2) Antianxiety agents like clonazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam etc
3) Psychotherapy/ Counselling sessions
4) Relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing etc

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor