Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

12 year old having severe colic, vomiting and fever. Widal test showing positive for Salmonella Typhi. Need antibiotics?

my young child 12y male was suffering from sever colic , vomiting , fever for 3 days all symptoms are subsided in the which his mother (my wife) and his young sister ( my daughter) 7y began to complaine from the same symptoms . so I performed for the daughter widal test which revealed postive resluts for Salmonella Typhi O 1/320 now all the three are in normal heath and asymptomatic please advise me if I give them antibiotic or no? and which antibiotic is preferrable? and recommended dose for each? thank you
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your daughter's widal test shows positive titer for samonella Typhi O 1:320.
As she has no fever here in this case we have to see rising titer.It is important in this case.
Usually typhoid fever is remain for a week initially.& then the widal test shows positive result after 10 days but as you have done it very early stage it may show its presence but when it is not rising it has no importance.
You just measure temperature every 2 hours for 2-3 days.If you find any elevation in it then you can go with ciprofloxacin compound.
Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor