What vaccinations should be given to a child?
Could you please let me know which vaccination is for what. I believe QNIVAXEM is a penta vaccine but have no idea of the others specially what is IMMOVAC
My child is due for another vaccination again at 2 and half months can you let me know what vaccinations are due at this time and what generic brands for such vaccines that are available in the market How safe are such vaccines. I have been reading
Suggestions on vaccination
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
I too have gone through such world wide literature from China and Vietnam. It is true that death after Quinvaxem have been reported in China and Vietnam. But please do not panic. Your Child got it 1 month back. The baby is well till now. Do not worry.
Coming to your queries one by one -
1. Quinvaxem is for - Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus along with HepatitisB and Hib vaccines. Its a whole cell vaccine pentavalent vaccine.
Imovax is inactivated Polio vaccine. Its safe.
Rotateq is for prevention of Rotavirus induced diarrhoea.
Synflurix is 10 valent pneumococcal vaccine - for prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease.
2. For 2 1/2 months dose and 3 1/3 months dose I suggest the use of -
PentavacPFS which is a WHO (World health organization) prequalified vaccine which is also a pentavalent vaccine.
You can continue with Imovac and Synflurix for inactivated Polio shot and Pneumococcal vaccines respectively.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
1. IPV 2 Dose
2.DT(W)P 2 Dose
3.HIB 2 Dose
4.Conjugated Numococal 2 Dose
5.Rotatac 2 Dose
for 1 the vaccine is IMMOVAC as inj in thighs
for 2 and 3 the vaccine is Quinvaxem(or equivalently PentavacPFS as suggested by you) as injection in thighs
for 4 the vaccine is SYNFLORIX as inection in thighs
for 5 the vaccine is ROTATEC as oral
The last question is why polio vaccine is given as injections we hear so much in television that 2 drops of polio vaccine should be given orally. 2 drops of polio vaccine was given to my kid too as new born.is that the televison advertisements are for newborns
Just forgot one thing in vaccination chart above
6. hepatitis b2
What is the vaccine brand available for thi
Answers reagrding vaccinatoins
Hi coming to your queries -
1. Oral polio is a live vaccine and best is inactivated polio vaccine which is Imovac
2. Hepatitis B is included in PentavacPFS (DPT+Hib+HepB)
Suggestions in injections -
PentavacPFS injection in thigh
Imovac injection in thigh
Synflurix in thigh
Rotateq in the mouth - orally
If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Please find the link below.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What vaccines should adults have
- Child was scratched by cat should she get vaccinated
- Vaccination for newly born child
- Apollo child vaccine schedule
- When should a child be vaccinated
- What vaccinations should be adminstered to a lung cancer patient
- What is painless vaccination for infant
- Are there painless vaccines available for a child
- What is the ammonia vaccine
- What age should women take hpv vaccine
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?