What is the use of Metronidazol?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in General Health
Question: My name is XXXXXXX Fisher can tell what this medicals is use for(Metronidazol 500mg). Thank you, YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Used for some bacterial infections

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Metronidazole is also known as flagyl. It is an antibacterial and antiprotazoal drug. This means that it can be used to treat some types of bacterial and protazoal infection.

Protozoa are a type of organism that can cause some infections.

Metronidazole is often used for infections such as trichomonas, amebiasis, infections within the abdomen (such as abscess), skin infections, sepsis , some types of infections of the bone, pneumonia, endocarditis.
If any of the infections mentioned are related to the bacteria that metronidazole effectively treats then it would be used.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions