What is the cause and treatment for irregular periods?
Iam 25 years old and married for 2 years.My periods are irregular so after doctor consultation and taking chrominac 200 and folivite my periods are regular.But last month we went for a 5 days trip and at that time i have forgot to take my medicines. This month ihave missed my periods and my last month period is XXXXXXX 7th.So iam thinking that this delay may be due to not taking of the medicines. what do you say this may be the reason or may be iam pregnant?please help me doctor
please do pregnancy test
Thanks for writing.
The delay in period can be due to pregnancy.
Please do a urine pregnancy test. If you are pregnant then it will definitely be positive.
If negative then you are not pregnant . In suchcase you can wait for a spontaneous period or visit your doctor to consider tablet regesterone for inducing a period.
You will also need detailed investigation for irregular periods like hormone assessment and ultrasound.
Please write back if you have any queries.
detailed answer below
Thanks for writing.
You may be having polycystic ovarian syndrome. Hence you have been prescribed chrominac by your doctor.
The folic acid is a vitamin supplement.
It does not help in regular period but is a
pre pregnancy vitamin so that in case you conceive you will not abort.
The chrominac tablet has helped you to regularise your cycles. May be as you missed it it can be the reason for delayed cycles.
But pregnancy can also be possible.
Please do pregnancy test .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for irregular periods
- What causes missing irregular periods
- What treatment is suggested for irregular periods
- What is the effective treatment for irregular periods
- What is the treatment for irregular periods and bloating
- What is the treatment for irregular periods and spotting
- What can cause irregular periods
- What is the treatment for prolonged periods and irregular periods
- What is the treatment for delayed and irregular periods
- What is the treatment for irregular periods
- Would lomexin t ovule for infection kills sperm inside me?
- Is it normal to experience light bleeding during a miscarriage?
- What causes pain during intercourse in pregnancy?
- How does these ultrasound reports showing reduction in amniotic fluid be...
- Do laxatives affect Nexplanon birth control implants?
- Can i take Antacid Gel during pregnancy?
- What causes sharp back ache with tightening of abdomen during pregnancy?
- What causes delayed periods?
- Suggest treatment for exhaustion due to stress
- What causes frequent uriniation?