Does ECP and Regestrone need to be taken together post unprotected intercourse?
I'm 26years old and have been prescribed regestrone 5mg twice a day to delay my periods as I will be travelling . I would like to know incase of unprotected sex with my partner during these days is it necessary to have an ECP as well or does the regestrone work as an oral contraceptive in these days?
Regesterone is not a contraceptive
I understand your concerns.
Regesterone will not give you contraception. You need to use ECP if necessary.
But if you are nearing due date then your fertile days are over and you may not get pregnant at all.
Let me know if you need anymore help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Unprotected intercourse regestrone
- Had unprotected intercourse taken primolut n concerned
- Pregnant after unprotected intercourse need medication for abortion
- Had unprotected intercourse will regestrone helps to terminate pregnancy
- Unprotected intercourse late period deviry taken possibility of pregnancy
- Unprotected intercourse with hyperthyroid patient
- Unprotected intercourse after periods taken unwanted 72 starts bleeding pregnant
- Unprotected intercourse chances for pregnancy
- Pain after unprotected intercourse
- Unprotected intercourse during period
- Suggest treatment for endometriosis
- Suggest treatment for extremely painful back and pelvis due to adenomyosis
- What causes postmenopausal bleeding, severe elbow pain and ankle swelling?
- Do Duphaston and Siphene help in getting conceived?
- What causes swollen painful pubic area post full hysterectomy?
- What causes bleeding ears and pain under lower left rib cage?
- What causes lesion on labia minora with negative STD panel test?
- Does I pill taken two years ago cause irregular periods?
- Is NuvaRing an effective reversible method of birth control?
- What causes itching around labia after menstruation?